Monday, May 9, 2011

A little birdie baby shower


I am so excited to share these pictures with you! (**Make sure you've been to the bathroom before you read this post....it's pretty LOOOOOOOOONG! Ha!) My older sister, mother, and I threw a baby shower for my little sister on Saturday. I've been talking about it for a while, so I'm sure y'all knew that I would be posting these pics as soon as I felt like it. ;) My little sister, her husband, and their little girl are just as country as cornbread, so we knew that we had to throw her a country shower! She's having a boy, so we went with birds as the theme...we used blues, greens, and browns as our color scheme and I'm pretty much in love with how everything turned out!
We originally planned to have the shower outside at my husband's grandparents' farm...check this place out....
I know...gorgeous, right? And the rusted out cars made it even more perfect! I was SO excited to throw the shower here...Mother Nature had other plans....it rained ALL WEEK LONG! So the grass was up to my knees, the ground was swampy and gross, and there was rain in the forecast for the day of the shower as well....sooooo....on to plan B. We had it at our back up location, our church gym. Not nearly as beautiful and definitely not our #1 choice...but I think it still turned out adorable. :) Ok...I've made you wait long enough...here are the pictures!
Let's start with invitations...I made these bad boys on Publisher using auto shapes and some cute fonts....Easy breezy! I also backed them with Kraft paper and tied the directions card to it with twine. I wish I would have taken a picture of the actual invite...they were even cuter. :)
(Phone numbers & e-mail addresses were blacked out for security purposes, of course.)

An overview of the whole room. The hay bales used for seating was in the original plan when we were going to have the shower at the farm...I already sacrificed the location, no way I was sacrificing these babies, too! :) Have I mentioned that I have the BEST HUSBAND in the whole world???? ;) (**And the best father-in-law, brother-in-law, and friends! It took a village to put this shower together!)

Another view of the room...from above.

Side view of one of the tables. I loved that the tables were a borderline headache. :) There was ZERO blank space on them...it doesn't get much more country than that!
Another view of one of the tables.

The centerpieces were SO EASY! Just a branch with cute paper leaves on wire...put it in a vase (that I had from my wedding!), wrap with some wrapping paper, and tie with a twine bow!

This is what each place setting looked like. The real wood chargers were my favorite part! My father-in-law found a fallen tree in the woods and he cut these with a chain saw. Then, we just painted the baby's initials on some of them, and birds on the others. :) Don't worry, they're blank on the other side, so we can use them again.
Each napkin ring was stenciled with the baby's first initial. :)

I couldn't just put regular pencils on the tables for the games...I had to wrap them with twine and put them in a can so they would fit in with the theme. :)

Each table had two of these on them. Just a log (cut from fallen trees) with a hole drilled in the top and a piece of wire hot glued into the hole to make the picture holder. These displayed the maternity pictures that I did of Patrick, Danya, and Jaycie.

The favors were chocolate birds in little nests that I made out of twine. And lucky us, right after Easter these robin eggs were on sale 1/2 off! Wahoo! My sister, Gentry, made the little tags with a T for Tucker (the baby!)...they added just the right finishing touch.

The food table. :)

These are the yarn balls that I talked about here! They turned out pretty cute, huh?

Had to put one of these guys on the food table, too!

Jaycie (my sister's daughter...soon to be big sister) said that she wanted to make something extra special for Tucker's party...so she drew this picture of him. How precious?? Maybe my favorite part of the shower decor...

Candles done by Gentry. :)

The owl cupcakes were made by my momma...how cute is it??? She is so talented!

She even made baby ones, too! So cute!

We put the water bottles in a wheel barrow. :) Do ya love it?

This is where Danya sat to open gifts.

The burlap pennant banner was just what it needed.

We hung these from the stakes holding up the banner and from the lattice work behind where Danya sat to open gifts.
A closer look. Those are spray painted Easter eggs...bought on sale after Easter, of course. And hanging planter baskets from the dollar store. :)

A cute wagon on the gift table. (My mom bought this at A.C. Moore for like $15! The original price was $70! What a steal!)

Wooden crates and a beautiful bird cage for a filler. :) The bird cage came from Hobby Lobby...and it will find a home somewhere in my house...I'm in love with it.
Seriously...in love.

My adorable little sister with the wreath I made her to hang on the door at the hospital after Tucker makes his arrival.

Me, Danya, Mom, and Gentry after the shower. I can't believe I'm actually posting this picture because I look like I've been hit by a bus...but whatever...it's the only picture we took together. :) I'm so happy for Patrick and Danya! They prayed for this baby for a long time and after two miscarriages and lots of heartache, the Lord is blessing them once again with a baby! God is so good! I can't wait to meet sweet Tucker! I'm sure he's going to be as wild and precious as his sister! :)
I'll leave you with a few of their maternity pics...I took them at our original location...you'll see why I wanted to have the shower there!
This last one is my favorite. Beautiful girl! I love her so much and can't wait to meet her brother! :) I hope you enjoyed my post as much as I enjoyed throwing this shower! It was so fun and I couldn't have done it without my mom, dad, sisters, husband, in-laws, and best friends (the Herberts!). Love y'all so much! XOXO



longest. post. ever.

6 comments:

  1. yay!!! i've been waiting and checking for this post! the shower was so awesome! i can't wait for the {surprise!} bday party :)

    and in the picture of all y'all girls-you don't look like you were hit with anything but awesomeness and hotness...lik'is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just as i expected.... amazing!!! love the hay bales and the wheel barrow full of drinks the best!!! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous! Such attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What amazing detail on an original theme! This is a beautiful party! I would love to feature it at Baby Lifestyles. Email me at editor at babylifestyles dot com if you're interested. Tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Jerica! I found your blog while surfing One Pretty Thing and this party is amazing...love the hay bale seating! Unrelated: I'm a grad student at the University of New Hampshire and I'm doing a 10-minute survey of craft bloggers. I'd love it if you took the survey at http://craftbookproject.com/?page_id=2. There's a giveaway going on there right now, too. Thanks for your time. Can't wait to see the bumblebee party!
    --Alicia
    craftbookproject.com

    ReplyDelete