Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Metal chairs rainin' on my baby shower...

Well...not MY baby shower...but my baby sister's baby shower. Like I mentioned here, my sister is preggo with baby #2. She's having a boy! YAY! I'm so excited to meet little Tucker and I'm just as excited (almost) to throw her a baby shower!!!!!! My older sister, mom, and I are throwing her a bird themed shower in April. We want it to be very cute and earthy and outdoorsey (if that's a word...probably not). The location for the shower is perfect, the centerpieces are perfect, the invitations are perfect, the food will be perfect (because I'm pretty sure my mom's gonna take care of that one), the tables will be perfect...the only thing NOT perfect? Metal.......folding.......chairs. Barf. But what should I do about them? I don't want to spend a willion dollars on renting chair covers...I would rather spend a willion hours making something that is going to be cheap but cute! So I started searching the web for ideas...
What if I made chair caps instead of full out covers? These aren't what I'm looking for for this particular occasion...but look how CUTE!
I mean...could you DIE over these? I can't stop looking at them...If Tucker were a girl, you had better believe I would be making a version of these puppies...I'm seriously in love. Somebody needs to make these!
I also liked the woven look of these caps...
No way I'm talented enough to make those suckers...and they wouldn't be cheap enough to make...but cute nonetheless... (found both pictures from Preston Bailey)

Another idea is to use ribbon...or strips of fabric...check out this guy from BloomingDesign!
Even so...with as many guests as she has on the guest list...these could prove to be expensive....and they probably wouldn't look this cute on stupid metal folding chairs...
Hmmmm...what to do?? When I saw these beauties from Special Events, it sparked my creative mojo, if you will, and I think I may have an idea...
Let me emphasize MAY HAVE. It seriously just popped in my head like 10 minutes ago...I haven't tried it at all yet...so it may be garbage. I guess we'll just have to wait and see now won't we? ;) Have any suggestions for me? I'd love to hear them!!

2 comments:

  1. You crack me up. Your blog posts are so much fun to read. I have zero suggestions for you; I just wanted to finally comment and say how fun your very Jerica-ish, conversational posts are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this wonderful post. You can visit my site : party rentals miami

    ReplyDelete